PUBG, along with Fortnite, are the two most popular Battle Royale games on iOS. Whereas Fortnite raked in millions of dollars for its creators, PUBG is no slack either. Player’s Unknown Battleground has received its first major update on iOS and it looks immensely promising!
The desert-themed Miramar map arrives in PUBG mobile today in the update dubbed ‘version 0.5.0.’ Hence, if you’ve been bored by the monotony of the same map, this update brings in new vehicles and weapons along with tons of other upgrades, which is actually pretty sweet!
No thanks to there being only one map, many users were abandoning their PUBG playing times. But the new update, with new progress and activity missions will keep you hooked and graciously rewarded for reaching new levels or taking on new missions and for activity in the game respectively. With all these improvements you might find yourself on PUBG o’clock with your friends all over again.
This update also allows easy pairing up with buddies using a six-digit code. Language specific chat options are actually a nice touch as well, and overall, season 2 provides tweaks that were actually much needed for a more immersive experience.
Here is a detailed post of the outline for the update:
– Desert map (“Miramar”) is now available for selection. See if you can find the new vehicles and weapons!
– New Progress Mission: collect progress rewards when you reach new levels, then take on new missions.
– Added weekly Activity missions: earn rewards based on your Activity.
– Added local quick team feature: enter a 6-digit code to team up with friends that are next to you.
– Added Synergy and Connections: interact with your friends in-game to raise Synergy, then build Connections when your Synergy is high enough.
– Added Regions: now you can choose your region and flag.
– Added language-specific chat channels: there is now an additional channel based on the language of your choice.
– Added more avatars.
– Now you can collect rewards for every new tier reached in Season 2.
– Added a Shop, where you can preview and purchase new outfits and items.
– Added a Secret Stash, where you can purchase special discounted items.
– Spectator mode smoothness improved.
– Striking sounds and effects added to melee combat.
– Parachute camera smoothness improved.
– Initial parachute speed increased to match the PC version.
– Improved climbing check during running.
– Picture styles now available on all devices.
– Added sound effects for breaking doors.
– Improved display of personal information and results.
– Improved team invitation flow.
You can join the official discussion on the release on Reddit here.
What do you think of the new PUBG update? Is it something you enjoy ? or maybe not? Let us know in the comments below.