The main medium for interacting with HomePod may be Siri, but you can also perform some gesture-based commands via the touch panel on top of Apple’s smart speaker.
These commands won’t let you browse your music library or control your HomeKit connected devices but they do offer some quick basic commands.
Music Playback control via Touch Panel
You can control music playback by using these commands:
- Tap Once to play or pause music.
- Double tap to skip to the next track
- Triple tap to skip back to previous track
Volume Control via Touch Panel
You can control the volume by inputting these commands.
- Tap the + button to increase volume
- Tap the – button to decrease volume
- Tap and hold the + button to increase volume continuously
- Tap and hold the – button to decrease volume continuously
Siri Activation via Touch Panel
You can activate Siri by using these commands.
- Tap and hold on the touch panel to activate Siri
- Verbalize your Sir command
Now you know how to control HomePod with Touch Gestures. We hope you found this tutorial helpful and if you have any other questions, just use the comments section below and we’ll get working!