In our daily lives, we often rely on the maps to get directions and information about real-time traffic while travelling. The maps are also useful for exploring and finding new places such like restaurants, parks, museums, amongst others.
On top of that, the iOS 10 makes our lives even easier by using our habits and calendar events to give us more precise information and suggestions.
That’s not it; you don’t even have to stop or search for directions manually as Siri can be your digital co-pilot and guide you find your way. Just simply tell Siri where you want to go and Siri will guide you the route to go. It comes really handy especially when you are travelling in an unfamiliar place. With Apple’s built-in Maps and Siri, you will always find your way home.
Here’s the tutorial about how to efficiently use Siri to get directions to the place of your choice.
1. ACTIVATE SIRI. Well, this is fairly obvious and easy step, but relevant to the people who are new to Apple products. Press and hold down the home button to activate Siri.Alternatively, you can activate Siri by just saying “Hey Siri” provided that you have turned this feature on.
2. Once the Siri is activated, tell the name of your desired destination.
- “How do I get to Starbucks?”
- “Where is Starbucks?”
3. Siri will come up with the location on the map. If there are multiple locations of your desired place, Siri will come up with a list so you can choose your desired place.
4. Once you choose your location, it will show to you on the map. Siri will provide you with the directions to your destination from your current location. To begin your trip, just tap START in the right-hand corner.
- You can also change your current location, that is will be set by default, to a different place by editing. The alternative pins allow you to choose from different locations.
- Moreover, you may also choose a mode of transportation. Siri chooses Walk or Drive, depending on the proximity to your destination.
In case you get lost or travelling in the unknown area, Siri can also help you to return to your home. However, to benefit from this feature, you must have your home address updated into your contact card so you can link it up with Siri.
If your home address is updated, you just need to tell Siri to take you to your home.
- “Take me to the home”
- “How do I get home?”
Siri will launch Maps and give you the route to your home. Just tap START (upper right-hand corner) and you will be travelling back to your home.
I hope you find this tutorial useful and will be able to benefit from Apple built-in maps with the help of your personal digital assistant, Siri.