One of the issues you deal with is, the wrong person using your iPhone and suddenly he gets your Apple ID locked by entering the wrong password, security questions, and any other information incorrectly And your access to any of the Apple devices with that particular ID is restricted nor to any Apple services either.
For regaining the access to your Apple ID, you would have to prove and verify your identity and then you can unlock your Apple ID. First, we must understand and identify the reasons for your Apple ID to be unlocked for.
There are numerous possibilities for disabling your Apple ID and believe it or not they are all meant to keep your security intact. In a situation when your Apple ID is disabled, you will see one of the various messages depending on where you are trying to gain access to. The message that you may be prompted are:
- This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.
- You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons.
- This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.
Whatever the cause may be, the only thing that led to your ID being locked is the security problems. The common reasons are:
- Someone tried to log in to your Apple ID incorrectly too many times.
- Someone entered your security questions incorrectly too many times.
- Suspicious activity.
- Other Apple ID account information was entered incorrectly too many times.
Account Recovery Service:
In case your Apple ID is disabled or locked from access and you don’t know what to do about it, you should know there is an account recovery service available which is known as iForgot (www.iforgot.apple.com).
Note: You can use the iForgot to regain access to your Apple ID in many cases, but not every time it will get you access to your account.
You will be required to change your Account password, before regaining the access to your Apple ID. Also, there is an availability of two-factors authentication leading to the successful unlocking of your Apple ID (on another device or phone of yours).
Keep in mind: If you are using the two-factor authentication, a recovery key will be required and also a trusted device.
Well, if you tried more than a few number of tries to recover your Apple ID and all attempts were unsuccessful, you may have to wait a whole day to try again and regain access to your Apple ID.
After all these efforts, if you are still unable to get your Apple ID unlocked, you may want to avail the feature call Apple and let them assist you.
How to Unlock?
Following are the methods, that may come in handy to unlock your Apple ID for you.
Unlock when Security Reasons are a concern:
Open Safari on your Mac, and visit the iforgot.apple.com. It will ask you to input First Name, Last Name and current email address, after done, clicks the Next. In case of two-step verification, you will be required to enter the recovery key if its not enabled skip this step, otherwise enter the number and click next. Select phone number used for two-step verification and click Continue. Enter Verification Code and Continue. Enter your new password and click the Reset Password.
Resetting password unlocks the Apple ID.
This easy step can easily regain you the access to your Apple ID, but for preventing this from happening can be a better perspective. For preventing your Apple ID from being locked, I prefer you understand the bullets mentioned below.
- Apple ID: The first thing is, not to lend out your Apple ID to people. It should be kept a privacy.
- Log in through Apple: We prefer you log in to your Apple ID using only the Apple devices. Don’t log in anywhere except the authentic website of Apple with your Apple ID and password. Fake and imposters run different mails and messages that prompt asking you to log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Strong Apple ID and Password: It is necessary that you use a strong and hard to crack the password for your Apple ID.
We know it is not the best feeling or good to see your Apple ID unlocked and restrictions from using and regaining your Apple ID, but in case you want to be ready for all circumstances, you better use the two-step verification method as it is more convenient and secure than the security questions. Well, it is always to be up for preventing rather than later regretting.